Our client is seeking to appoint a HR Advisor to work as part of a small, busy HR team. Based in the Aberdeen office, you will work with the global HR team to support the business to deliver HR strategies for workforce planning, resourcing, performance management, colleague and leadership development, employee relations, succession planning and process improvement. You will build partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and colleagues that reflect the business objectives of the organisation.
Some of your key accountabilities will include:
- Assisting in developing, implementing and administering company HR programs that meet current needs while also anticipating future business and talent trends.
- Responsible for coordinating and administering activities in a majority of HR functions including employment, colleague relations, compensation, learning and organisation development, diversity, records and benefits
- Driving the recruitment processes to build a team that can successfully deliver the business plan
- Providing and analysing organisational development assessments in order to recommend/implement go forward strategies to drive organisational change.
- Advises management regarding personnel policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions as consistent with strategic direction. Manages employee relations activities in a manner that effectively limits corporate exposure to legal risks.
- Assists the HR organisation during the annual performance management, salary planning and benefits enrolment processes (and all other annual HR programs).
- Analyses business challenges, current HR programs and external market best practices/trends to identify improvement opportunities.
- Understands all applicable governmental regulations and advocates compliance requirements.
- Consults and partners with business leaders in achieving company objectives. Provides guidance on business unit restructure, workforce planning and succession planning. Keeps leaders informed of new developments and practices. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of colleagues.
- Counsels colleagues concerning work-related problems and explains HR policies and programs. Provides support and communication on corporate values and organisational change.
- Assists with the roll out of updated or new HR programs and initiatives both globally and locally.
To be considered for this HR Advisor role you will have significant generalist experience within a similar role. You will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business (or related field) – or a combination of education and HR related work experience. Relevant industry experience is a plus, and global work experience is desired.