We are delighted to be supporting our client GBG plc. using our interim in house resource to recruit for Legal Counsel to join their team on a permanent basis
We are delighted to be supporting our client GBG plc. using our interim in house resource to recruit for Legal Counsel to join their Legal Team on a permanent basis
With a rich heritage of more than 30 years, offices in 16 locations worldwide and more than 1,000 team members globally, GBG proudly stand as the global technology specialist in fraud, location and identity data intelligence. We support businesses and enable customer growth by protecting companies and governments to combat fraud and cybercrime, lower cost of compliance and improve customer digital onboarding experience in today’s digital economy.
The GBG Legal Team plays a vital role in the success GBG’s global identity data intelligence business.
As a team, our aim is to adopt a market leading customer centric stance – both to our external clients and internal colleagues. We’ve been recognised for the contribution we make and for our initiatives to streamline processes and to provide commercial legal support to this fast paced and innovative organisation.
In this role, you will work closely with other members of the GBG Legal Team to provide advice and support services to the business across a wide range of commercial and contractual matters. The role will involve direct exposure and interaction with the Senior Sales Managers and Business Unit Leaders on a range of business critical matters.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Negotiating data supply contracts and client agreements.
- Advising on data protection and compliance matters.
- Where necessary drafting and updating standard contract terms and variations to standard contracts and agreements.
- Providing legal advice and guidance to sales teams and GBG stakeholders.
- Organising legal training for sales teams.
- Prioritising workloads and communicating with commercial colleagues.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and taking appropriate action.
- Collaborating with a broad range of other internal and external contacts.
- A qualified lawyer with commercial contracts experience. You should be familiar with English Law and have practiced in the UK.
- Although previous in-house experience is desirable, this role could also be suitable for a lawyer with a private practice background moving in-house.
What’s in it for you?
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference and everyone has something to contribute.