We are delighted to be supporting our client GBG plc. using our interim in house resource to recruit for a Communications Manager to join their team on a permanent basis
We are delighted to be supporting our client GBG plc. using our interim in house resource, to recruit for a Communications Manager to join their team on a permanent basis
With a rich heritage of more than 30 years, offices in 16 locations worldwide and more than 1,000 team members globally, GBG proudly stand as the global technology specialist in fraud, location and identity data intelligence. We support businesses and enable customer growth by protecting companies and governments to combat fraud and cybercrime, lower cost of compliance and improve customer digital onboarding experience in today’s digital economy.
GBG’s global marketing team is responsible for driving the business forward by building and amplifying our reputation of customer-obsession and leading technology. As a unified and highly skilled team, our vision is to lead insight-driven and creative strategies and campaigns that deliver real impact. We work across eleven regions and time zones, generating buzz around our brand, creating and driving demand, and communicating how our cutting-edge solutions make our customers’ lives easier.
We measure our performance against our Group strategy, always staying true to our customers’ needs. We are data-driven and courageous.
We are looking for an ambitious, hard-working and creative manager to join our growing team. Reporting to our Head of Communications, you will drive our group communications strategy with responsibility for helping to build and develop GBG’s brand profile and manage reputation across core audiences.
What you will do
You will drive GBG’s external group communications strategy with the following responsibilities:
- Manage the newsroom: Working with our retained PR agency where relevant and the Head of Communications, you will have day-to-day responsibility for managing the busy press office including identifying and developing story and news angles, creating and amplifying press releases, blogs, media comments and social media, dealing with inbound journalist requests, as well as managing and reporting on results.
- Campaign management: Managing all aspects of PR campaigns to increase awareness amongst key audiences, including briefing and working collaboratively with key internal stakeholders and the wider Marketing team, E.G. Digital, Creative and Lead-Generation Marketing Managers, managing and reporting on results.
- Build brand profile: Owning the calendar for group-level industry awards, speaking opportunities and GBG owned events, ensuring a regular drumbeat of recognition and opportunities for our spokespeople.
- Monitor daily news: Delivering insights to the business and spotting key opportunities.
- Operations: Main day-to-day management of communications suppliers including our media monitoring service and news subscriptions, co-managing the communications team inbox, keeping PR activity trackers and group assets up-to-date.
- Comms support for wider team: Working on an ad-hoc or project basis on customer and supplier communications as required and reviewing brand inclusion requests from partners.
- Considerable experience in a B2B PR and communications agency or in-house
- Excellent writing skills and experience of writing to brief for different audiences
- An avid news hound with working knowledge of the media landscape
- Proven background in managing a busy press office for a client or in-house and making an impact
- Great stakeholder management and networking skills
- Experience of working in a busy team with multiple priorities
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- B2B technology experience an advantage
- Skilled storyteller and ideas generator
- A proactive and ambitious self-starter
- To work efficiently and effectively with team across different time zones
- A dynamic attitude, with an analytical brain, with the skill to turn insight and knowledge into creative execution
- An eye for detail and pride in the quality of your work
- Confidence and an ability to present to senior team members
To give you an idea of what’s expected
In month one you’ll:
- Complete the GBG on-boarding process
- Meet all key internal stakeholders
- Meet with our external agency partners and suppliers
- Understand the communications strategy and immediate activities
- Work with the Head of Communications to establish your goals and priorities for the quarters
- Be working on your first pieces of GBG Newsroom content
By month three you’ll:
- Understand GBG’s value propositions and how we support our global customer base
- Understand our internal ecosystem and processes
- Have ownership of the communications activity trackers
- Be managing your first project to drive forward GBG’s brand profile
- Be having regular conversations with internal stakeholders and establish ways of working
- Be working towards agreed KPIs
By month six you’ll:
- Confidently be working with internal stakeholders to drive projects, activities and tactics to support our communications strategy
- Proactively contributing and driving ideas for news stories and content
- Be avidly monitoring the news agenda and sharing insights internally
- Executing a regular drumbeat of compelling external news and content and measuring impact
- Own measurement and monthly reporting to key internal stakeholders
By your one year anniversary you’ll:
- Look back on a successful year where your ideas and execution helped GBG deliver its communications strategy
- Be the go-to support for internal stakeholders with news to share
- Be managing communications campaigns
What’s in it for you?
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference and everyone has something to contribute.