In this key role, you’ll lead and manage a team which ensures that employee/volunteer life-cycle processes run effectively and efficiently in support of the business. As deputy to the Head of Department, you’ll take the lead on operational industrial relations with the trade union and other employee/volunteer representative groups, and will liaise with senior managers across the organisation on people operational matters. You’ll ensure that people policies are current, compliant, business-focussed, and disseminated, and you’ll make sure that these are seamlessly translated into operational procedures and processes. You’ll oversee the integrity and use of the HRIS – ensuring operational ‘back-room’ functionality, integrity, and governance, and to ensure a great end-user experience.
You’ll create and embed a high-performing team culture which keeps delivery against corporate strategies and objectives at its core, and delivers excellent service to the business. For broader people functional initiatives, you and your team will work closely the other Lead Consultants, and senior managers, taking a project and programming approach to deliver successful outcomes on time and to budget.
As a highly experienced HR practitioner it’s essential to meet the following requirements:
• Postgraduate qualification in HR or equivalent experience
• Seasoned HR practitioner with in depth expertise of HR in relation to policies, the employee lifecycle, industrial relations and working with third party suppliers
• Experience of leading and managing a high performing team
• The gravitas to operate at a senior level and to think and act strategically
• Experienced working in a operational HR environment with the ability to see the bigger picture – ideally within a mutli-site, complex organisation.
It would be a distinct advantage if you have experience of working within the voluntary sector.