Are you an HR Shared Service Team Leader? Would you like to work for the University of Edinburgh? Hunter Adams are delighted to be supporting The University of Edinburgh with the recruitment of an HR Operations Team Leader. Human Resources is a strategic partner in delivering the University of Edinburgh’s mission and values, a community of over 100 HR […]
Are you an HR Shared Service Team Leader?
Would you like to work for the University of Edinburgh?
Hunter Adams are delighted to be supporting The University of Edinburgh with the recruitment of an HR Operations Team Leader.
Human Resources is a strategic partner in delivering the University of Edinburgh’s mission and values, a community of over 100 HR professionals who strive for a positive supportive culture and working environment.
As the HR Operations Team Leader, you’ll manage a team of HR Operations staff, delivering a quality, effective and efficient HR transactional service, covering the full life cycle of generalist HR activities to the Professional Services Groups. You’ll be responsible for activity planning, resource allocation and the development of team members, to positively impact on customer service. You’ll provide coaching and feedback to assist the team in issue resolution, judging when to take ownership of issues and when to escalate trends or queries to the HR Operations Manager.
Some of your key responsibilities in HR Operations will include:
- Manage a team of HR Operations staff to deliver a quality and professional service to all service users.
- Recruit, induct, coach and develop individuals to ensure they reach their maximum potential, and that the team has the necessary skills and capabilities to meet its objectives.
- Supervise the delivery of end to end operational administration activities the team are responsible for.
- Develop, monitor and continuously review Standard Operating Procedures to ensure high quality and consistent service delivery
- Work with other HR Operations Team Leaders to plan resource needs and manage workload distribution, allocation of tasks and monitor service levels.
- Collate and analyse statistical data on key performance areas to feed into service reporting, highlighting trends or common issues that require a single solution.
We’re looking for someone with significant experience of leading and managing a team, with proven ability to coach individual team members and develop a high performing team.
You’ll have experience of successfully managing the co-ordination and delivery of key HR services within a large, complex organisation. Of course, you’ll have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a customer-focused approach to problem-solving.
We’d ideally like you to have experience of the implementation of a new HR system, supporting new ways of working and cultural change.
If this sounds like you and, you’d like to work for one of the UK’s top universities, then please get in touch.